Fuel your intellectual curiosity and professional growth. Forrester is an idea company, where smart, motivated, curious people bring a diversity of opinions and the courage of their convictions to collaborate on ideas that change the course of business. Most of all, bring a point of view; here, every voice has value. At Forrester, you’ll work with innovative clients at emerging and established brands; these are the business and technology leaders we inspire and who inspire us. The Forrester experience is built on a singular, powerful purpose: to challenge thinking and lead change.
We are looking for an experienced product management leader who is ready for the next stage and challenge in their career. Does this sound like you? Read on – you could be the next addition to the SiriusDecisions product line team.
· Have a passion for b-to-b product management?
· Love to solve challenging product innovation and lifecycle management problems?
· Get a sense of accomplishment from helping others?
Have you spent a lot of time thinking about...
· Taking a holistic approach to understanding customer needs (as opposed to just listening to whichever client is yelling the loudest)?
· Strategically managing a product portfolio (instead of just investing in products because they’ve always received funding)?
· Using a value-based approach to create pricing and packaging tailored to different market segments based on their needs (rather than just discounting off your competitor’s prices)?
· Blending agile and lean approaches with “classic” product management fundamentals (versus being dogmatic about one specific “perfect” process)?
· What cutting edge product management will look like 5-10 years from now?
Would you jump at the chance to...
· Influence how some of the best b-to-b organizations innovate?
· Be a trailblazer in defining emerging practices for product management?
· Collaborate with some of the most brilliant minds in b-to-b product, marketing and sales?
If you answered YES to many of the questions above, let's talk. We're looking for a research director in our Product Management research and advisory service. In this role, you'd help clients with initiatives like customer understanding, product portfolio investment decisions, pricing and packaging strategy, product innovation and lifecycle process, agile enablement, and product management roles, responsibilities and structure. You'll have the opportunity to leverage your exceptional writing and speaking skills to advise clients on recommended practices and to impact their strategy, execution and growth.
The analysts we hire are seasoned practitioners with significant experience in their areas of expertise. We're not looking for someone who’s just dabbled in product management for a few years, nor are we looking for someone who’s only comfortable or experienced in a few specific areas within product management.
Instead, we're looking for candidates who have spent at least 10 years in b-to-b product management -- including time both as an individual contributor as well as managing/leading product management teams. We don’t want candidates looking for just “their next” product management job – they should be looking for a unique and different type of challenge at a key point in their career.
The ideal candidate can point to examples of helping advance the role and definition of product management in the organizations they’ve been a part of as well as helped advance the profession of product management more broadly outside of their companies, whether through writing, presenting, mentoring, or other “extracurricular” activities. Bonus points if you have experience across various industries within b-to-b and types of products (software, hardware, services, manufactured/physical products, etc.)
Successful research directors bring considerable experience to the table but also recognize what they don’t know and are hungry to learn from others. They realize the right answer may be “it depends” but can articulate what it depends on and help advise clients on what’s right in a certain situation. They strive to help clients understand what is “ideal” but also understand that the ideal may not be achievable right away and provide practical stepping stones and recommendations. They like to analyze and debate but they also know when to make a decision and just get things done.
Explore #ForresterLife on:
Forrester Research, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to equal employment opportunity for all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, genetic information, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Veterans are especially encouraged to apply.