Our job is to be bold at work.
It starts with an insatiable curiosity about clients, colleagues, and the future. At Forrester, we believe curiosity powers progress. Forresterites bring a diversity of opinions and the courage of their convictions to collaborate on the ideas and initiatives that change the course of business. As a trusted advisor to the most influential companies in the world, we live at the nexus of what’s next.
About This Role
As a member of Forrester’s tech executive research team serving CIOs, CTOs, and senior technology leaders, the Principal Analyst guides tech executives to deliver future-fit technology strategies and maximizes the business value of technology by building resilient systems, enabling adaptive capabilities, and embedding creativity to keep clients ahead of current and emerging technology trends. The demand for technology to drive business success has been growing for years. Now, in the post-pandemic era, the ability of technology to help companies redefine the way they serve customers and employees is further accelerated. This role will help Forrester clients meet these challenges successfully.
Our ideal candidate is future looking, is able to see beyond the conventions of today’s business and technology challenges, and has the experience to inspire and influence executive-level clients with forward-looking best practices and technology strategies that enable high-performing companies to deliver superior customer and employee experiences. These challenges go beyond technology and include organization, change leadership, culture, structure, talent, and customer/employee experience. Candidates must demonstrate the confidence and ability to present to and advise clients across industries. Analysts do this through conducting and publishing innovative research and delivering advice through one-on-one advisory sessions, consulting projects, client inquiries, and speeches.
- Develop and communicate a deep understanding of how technology will drive the future and what strategies CIOs and CTOs need to enable our clients to deliver long-term success for their customers, employees, and company — outperforming the competition.
- Conduct primary research to produce in-depth analyses that convey new ideas framed specifically for our CIO/CTO clients, tech leaders, and vendors on a full range of topics: technology strategy and investments, tech stack, emerging technology, R&D, approaches to innovation, enabling employee experiences, and tech ops.
- Collaborate across the Forrester ecosystem to deliver higher-level insights that leverage multiple perspectives.
- Produce short- and long-form written research with various expressions of content: reports, infographics, audio and video content, blogs, and podcasts.
- Apply Forrester’s research to help clients solve their business problems using short- and medium-term consulting engagements.
- Present at Forrester-sponsored and industry-related events and deliver client webinars.
- Establish an industry presence as an influential speaker and thinker. Participate in vendor briefings and field press inquiries as necessary.
- Support business development and prospect conversations as arranged by Forrester’s account leadership teams.
- BA or BS degree at a minimum; an MBA or MS is preferred.
- Experience in developing and implementing leading-edge thinking around current and emerging tech strategies, organization design, digital business transformation, and customer experience in either an advanced corporate or consulting environment.
- Experience in deploying these insights with technology partners and vendors.
- Deep intellectual curiosity about the effect of technology on customers and business and how CIOs and other tech leaders can leverage these insights to improve their strategies.
- Demonstrable experience with the tech stack, including infrastructure, data, applications, and operations as well as exposure to emerging technology.
- Knowledge of and expertise in the broad implications of current and emerging technology markets, economics, labor, and econometrics.
- Expertise in tech forecasting, budgets, vendor analysis, and planning.
- The ability to define the future needs of business by developing forward-looking insights that examine the implications of technology, economies, labor, and other key trends.
- Superior client-facing communication, listening, critical thinking, and collaboration skills with researchers, analytics, subject-matter experts, and client leaders.
- The ability to take complex, disparate ideas and distill them into simple, provocative concepts; willingness to take a stand on outcomes with clients, vendors, press, and competition.
- The ability to travel 30% to 50% of the time (in normal business and travel circumstances).
Explore #ForresterLife on:
Forrester Research, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to equal employment opportunity for all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, genetic information, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Veterans are especially encouraged to apply.