Our job is to be bold at work.
It starts with an insatiable curiosity about clients, colleagues, and the future. At Forrester, we believe curiosity powers progress. Forresterites bring a diversity of opinions and the courage of their convictions to collaborate on the ideas and initiatives that change the course of business. As a trusted advisor to the most influential companies in the world, we live at the nexus of what’s next.
About This Role:
The System Administrator will work with security, technology management, as well as consulting teams to ensure compliance with CMMC and improve Forrester’s overall security posture. This position entails system and end-user support for Forrester’s government team of 50 to 100 people and requires reliability and performance in a complex, regulated environment.
- Build, maintain, and support a secure virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI), which will be used by functional users assigned to government contracts.
- Maintain group policy.
- Secure virtual desktop image according to CIS benchmarks.
- Apply the latest OS and security patches to ensure the compatibility of underlying running applications.
- Ensure reliability, and minimize downtime.
- Manage user adds, moves, and changes in Azure.
- Ensure accurate knowledge base documentation in a timely manner.
- Provide mission-critical production support in case of an outage during off-business hours if necessary.
- A bachelor’s degree in fields related to technology, engineering, or computer science is preferred.
- Five-plus years of relevant work experience in production VDI environment with end-user support experience.
- Experience with IT network and infosec; close collaboration with network, security, infosec, and technical support teams.
- Experience deploying patches in a systematic manner.
- Advanced experience as a Windows/Active Directory administrator.
- Strong knowledge of GPO.
- Knowledge of Office365 Sharepoint, Exchange, and Teams Online administration as well as Windows server administration.
- Strong power shell skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills necessary to produce and process technical documents.
- A self-motivated team player who can work with minimal supervision.
- Periodic travel to the US offices two to three times a year, particularly the headquarters in Cambridge, MA.
Explore #ForresterLife on:
Forrester Research, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to equal employment opportunity for all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, genetic information, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Veterans are especially encouraged to apply.