Our job is to be bold at work.
It starts with an insatiable curiosity about clients, colleagues, and the future. At Forrester, we believe curiosity powers progress. Forresterites bring a diversity of opinions and the courage of their convictions to collaborate on the ideas and initiatives that change the course of business. As a trusted advisor to the most influential companies in the world, we live at the nexus of what’s next.
About This Role:
Join a high-growth team consulting with technology companies on the value of their solutions. The Forrester Total Economic Impact™ (TEI) team publishes studies on the financial value of technology, digital, CX, and EX investments and strategies. Senior Consultants own the end-to-end delivery of multiple studies across technology areas. This position is ideal for an experienced consultant who enjoys a challenging career with some travel. It requires intellectual curiosity, a knack for understanding multiple technologies, and a love for qualitative and quantitative analysis. If you have an analytical mind; know financial analysis; and have excellent customer communication, writing, and project management skills, then this is the position for you.
Working with internal and client teams to deliver Total Economic Impact consulting engagements for IT, digital business, and customer experience clients, the Senior Consultant primarily: 1) leads workstreams and/or produces high-quality client project deliverables (digital strategy, industry analyses, e-commerce plans, digital experience development efforts, and CX/digital transformation programs); 2) develops repeatable consulting methods and tools; and 3) supports internal initiatives aimed at building Forrester’s consulting capabilities and overall business.
This client-facing senior consulting role requires strong core management consulting skills and background in customer experience, digital strategy, e-commerce, digital experience, and/or digital marketing to understand digital technology’s impact on customers and business strategy and help clients make financially informed decisions.
- Lead the end-to-end delivery of Total Economic Impact consulting projects based on primary research, survey work, financial analysis, and Excel modeling.
- Conduct executive-level interviews with government agencies, retailers, financial services companies, insurance and healthcare organizations, technology vendors, and in the energy sector.
- Analyze client and industry data and apply Forrester’s Total Economic framework and other financial analysis to synthesize insights and develop results for clients.
- Develop high-quality, well-structured, and user-friendly PowerPoint and Excel client deliverables. Convert qualitative, quantitative, and financial data into a compelling story.
- Present findings in-person or via audioconference to executive-level audiences.
- Identify opportunities for new research streams based on feedback from clients and trends in our engagements with customer experience and digital business clients.
- Provide presales support, working with Forrester’s sales teams to assist in the scoping and selling of projects.
- A BA/BS is required; an advanced degree, preferably an MBA, is preferred.
- Five plus years of management consulting and/or industry practitioner experience, including FP&A or business intelligence experience and exposure to IT, digital strategy, CX strategy, marketing strategy, eBusiness/channel strategy, and business technology practices and principles.
- Analytical experience, with the ability to build complex financial models in Microsoft Excel, including but not limited to DCF models, benefits/cost models, dashboards, and performance metrics.
- Project management experience or training.
- Proven experience in working as part of a delivery team.
- History of working with subject-matter experts, having deep content knowledge.
- Success in engaging senior-level business executives and instilling confidence in clients.
- Expertise in and knowledge of business case development and financial management.
- Expertise in creating, preparing, owning, and delivering client-facing deliverables and finished product.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills — can use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing and connecting with others.
- Excellent presentation and client-facing skills.
- Excellent critical thinking skills and the ability to bring order to unstructured problems.
- Attention to detail.
- The ability to read situations and modify behavior to build quality relationships.
- Self-motivated and works to drive projects forward and knows how to get things done quickly without getting lost in details.
- Comfortable working in whitespace, navigating ambiguity, and charting a path forward to help clients solve their challenges.
- The ability to travel five to 10 days per month.
Explore #ForresterLife on:
Forrester Research, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to equal employment opportunity for all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, genetic information, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Veterans are especially encouraged to apply.