Our job is to be bold at work.
It starts with an insatiable curiosity about clients, colleagues, and the future. At Forrester, we believe curiosity powers progress. Forresterites bring a diversity of opinions and the courage of their convictions to collaborate on the ideas and initiatives that change the course of business. As a trusted advisor to the most influential companies in the world, we live at the nexus of what’s next.
About This Role:
Forrester is currently looking for a Senior Analyst to conduct research and deliver strategic advice for our application development and delivery clients. The ideal candidate has deep experience in using low-code as a professional developer. They should also have knowledge on digital process automation (DPA), process optimization, and citizen development. Candidates should have a good grasp of how these technologies and platforms contribute to strengthening customer engagement and, in turn, delighting the customer.
The successful candidate will research new technology platforms and tools; uncover best practices; and deliver research in written reports, presentations, and custom advisory sessions for software leaders across industries and geographies. Our research is aimed at helping clients solve business problems and improve business results by applying principles and best practices.
The Senior Analyst works as part of a high-performing team with a strong emphasis on collaborating with others in all aspects of the job. The Senior Analyst is expected to:
- Develop a deep understanding of what Forrester clients require to be successful as application development and delivery professionals, with a focus on how they help their organizations evaluate and develop on low-code platforms.
- Conduct primary research into low-code development in the context of supporting professional developers.
- Collaborate with experts on primary research into DPA platforms from vendors such as Pegasystems, Appian, Nintex, Bizagi, AgilePoint, Camunda, and Red Hat.
- Work with different focus areas across Forrester research teams to develop a complete research portfolio on process optimization and citizen development, providing both input to others’ research and writing reports incorporating expertise from across Forrester to provide a “big picture” view.
- Research/write/create approximately six to eight reports per year, along with multimedia deliverables including webinars, videos, podcasts, infographics, and social media. Build visibility for your research and contribute to Forrester client communities.
- Consult with clients to apply Forrester’s research in the context of their specific business environment and help solve their problems through inquiry and advisory engagements.
- Establish an industry presence as an influential speaker and thinker; build relationships with journalists who cover the sector; and participate in vendor briefings and field press inquiries, as necessary.
- A minimum of five or more years of development experience at an enterprise or service provider where you have led or been involved in professional low-code development or have been a product manager for vendors that serve the low-code space (or equivalent research analyst experience).
- Deep technical understanding of low-code platforms from vendors such as Mendix, OutSystems, Microsoft, ServiceNow, Salesforce, and HCL Software is required.
- A deep intellectual curiosity about the effect of technology on the business landscape; solid business instincts and a practical understanding of what makes companies tick; and a creative view of markets, technologies, and attitudes, combined with a fascination with the future.
- Superior listening, critical thinking, and writing skills, as well as memorable presentation skills.
- The ability to take complex, disparate ideas and distill them into simple, provocative concepts and be willing to take a stand on vendors and outcomes.
- The ability to travel up to 20% of the time.
Explore #ForresterLife on:
Forrester Research, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to equal employment opportunity for all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, genetic information, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Veterans are especially encouraged to apply.