Our job is to be bold at work.
It starts with an insatiable curiosity about clients, colleagues, and the future. At Forrester, we believe curiosity powers progress. Forresterites bring a diversity of opinions and the courage of their convictions to collaborate on the ideas and initiatives that change the course of business. As a trusted advisor to the most influential companies in the world, we live at the nexus of what’s next.
About This Role
The Principal Analyst is part of Forrester’s Digital Customer And Collaboration research team and helps customer service, technology, digital, and CX leaders maximize the business value of employee-facing technology, deliver innovation, build adaptive and resilient systems and workforces, and stay ahead of emerging technology trends.
Our ideal candidate understands the market dynamics and internal processes for agent-facing technologies (such as agent desktop, case management, knowledge base, employee-facing chatbots) within the contact center as well as contact center outsourcing (BPOs) and new labor models such as gig work. We are looking for someone with a demonstrated confidence to present to and advise clients across industries through one-on-one advisory sessions, consulting projects, client inquiries, and speeches.
- Develop and communicate a deep understanding of how leaders in customer service, technology, digital, CX, and EX can drive technology and people investment and optimization strategies in customer service to enable delivery of long-term success for their customers, employees, and company to outperform the competition.
- Define the future of customer service by developing forward-looking insights on key trends, models, and best practices and what executive leaders must do to prepare.
- Conduct primary research to produce in-depth analyses that convey new ideas framed for our customer service leaders, tech leaders, digital leaders, and CX leaders and vendors on a full range of topics: technology strategy and investments, emerging technology, enabling superior employee experience in resilient work environments, and tech ops.
- Collaborate across the Forrester ecosystem to deliver higher-level insights that leverage multiple perspectives.
- Publish short- and long-form written research (infographics, audio and video content, blogs, and podcasts).
- Apply Forrester’s research to help clients solve their business problems using short- and medium-term consulting engagements.
- Present at Forrester-sponsored and industry-related events, and deliver client webinars.
- Establish an industry presence as an influential speaker and thinker. Participate in vendor briefings and field press inquiries as necessary.
- Support business development and prospect conversations as arranged by Forrester’s account leadership teams.
- A BA or BS degree as a minimum; an MBA or MS is preferred.
- Experience in developing and implementing leading-edge thinking around current and emerging tech strategies, organization design, digital business transformation, and customer experience in either an advanced corporate or consulting environment. Experience in deploying these insights with technology partners and vendors.
- Deep intellectual curiosity about how technology affects customers and how customer service leaders and other tech leaders can leverage this to improve their strategies.
- Demonstrable experience with metrics, analytics, and governance.
- Superior client-facing communication, listening, critical thinking, and collaboration skills with researchers, analytics, subject-matter experts, and client leaders.
- The ability to take complex, disparate ideas and distill them into simple, provocative concepts; the willingness to take a stand on outcomes with clients, vendors, press, and competition.
- The ability to travel up to 30% of the time (in a normal business and travel circumstances).
Explore #ForresterLife on:
Forrester Research, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to equal employment opportunity for all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, genetic information, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Veterans are especially encouraged to apply.