Our job is to be bold at work.
It starts with an insatiable curiosity about clients, colleagues, and the future. At Forrester, we believe curiosity powers progress. Forresterites bring a diversity of opinions and the courage of their convictions to collaborate on the ideas and initiatives that change the course of business. As a trusted advisor to the most influential companies in the world, we live at the nexus of what’s next.
About This Role:
Forrester’s Principal Analyst for marketing org design focuses on the strategy, skills, structure, and systems of B2C marketing functions. You will work with CMOs to answer questions such as:
- What are the right competencies for different levels of marketers on my team? What titles align with different competencies and responsibilities?
- What is the right career pathing for marketers today?
- How do I determine the optimal number of people I need on my marketing team?
- How do I ensure a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture within marketing?
- How does my team best cooperate with commerce, CX, IT, CI teams, where our resources overlap/compete/are made better by each other?
- How do I make the case for more headcount? How do I know when I need headcount in certain areas?
- What are the right job descriptions for the right roles for my marketing team? What are the right salary bands for the talent that I need?
- How do I get more candidates in my candidate pool? From where should I source talent?
- How do I move from my current marketing organizational model to a different one while continuing to meet current goals?
- What does agile marketing mean? How do I begin to work in an agile way? How can marketing work effectively with agile processes if this isn't a way that other functions in my business work?
- How do I keep my organization running well while also anticipating what’s next?
Our ideal candidate is a strong, confident individual who is comfortable speaking with the press, delivering keynote speeches, and advising CMOs and B2C marketing executives. We are looking for someone who is motivated to guide Forrester clients and address their top priorities through thought leadership on how to operate a marketing organization that can flex to accommodate changing market and customer needs.
- Content planning: Work with colleagues to determine an integrated research and content portfolio based on clients’ top priorities and market opportunities.
- Research: Oversee, conduct, and analyze primary research based on content plan.
- Publishing: Write/produce content in various formats (reports, blog posts, data digests, infographics, video, etc.).
- Client engagement: Apply Forrester’s research and frameworks to help clients solve business challenges through short- and long-term consulting engagements.
- Thought leadership: Establish an industry presence as an influential speaker and thinker. Speak with the press, present at Forrester and external industry events, and deliver client presentations and webinars.
- Coverage development: Evolve and productize your marketplace coverage, and work with Forrester sales and analyst relations to evangelize it with clients and prospects.
- Consulting delivery support. Collaborate closely with our consulting team to provide hands-on guidance and expertise. Work across the Forrester ecosystem to support the delivery of custom strategy consulting projects.
- At least 10 years in a senior-level org transformation consulting role or equivalent corporate experience within various marketing functions.
- Excellent writing, presentation, and analytical skills.
- The ability to strategize a bold/conceptual yet practical/actionable vision.
- Profound collaborative spirit as part of a supportive, integrated team.
- The ability to travel more than 30% of the time post-pandemic.
Explore #ForresterLife on:
Forrester Research, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to equal employment opportunity for all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, genetic information, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Veterans are especially encouraged to apply.