Our job is to be bold at work.
It starts with an insatiable curiosity about clients, colleagues, and the future. At Forrester, we believe curiosity powers progress. Forresterites bring a diversity of opinions and the courage of their convictions to collaborate on the ideas and initiatives that change the course of business. As a trusted advisor to the most influential companies in the world, we live at the nexus of what’s next.
About This Role:
As a member of Forrester’s core sales organization, the Account Manager I cultivates engaging relationships with existing high-tech client accounts, deepens client engagement, and identifies and pursues growth opportunities. The ideal candidate is well-versed in the high-tech industry and has the ability to support clients in implementing customer-obsessed go-to-market strategies that will drive client growth. As a trusted advisor to strategy, sales, marketing, and product executives, the successful candidate will build long-term relationships with leaders who drive and influence the growth of their business. This is an excellent opportunity to accelerate personal growth as a sales professional and to work with some of the most disruptive and influential brands in the high-tech industry.
- Partner with Forrester’s world-class industry analysts, solution partners, program managers, and customer success team to sell and deliver prescriptive client solutions.
- Work within an assigned territory of existing client accounts as a trusted business advisor.
- Develop and execute a territory strategy focused on customer growth.
- Uncover key business initiatives, engage new cross-functional buying centers, and develop sales opportunities in order to increase contract value and customer retention.
- Build credibility through an in-depth understanding of a client’s business, organization, external environment, and industry.
- Maintain and build relationships with executive-level contacts to understand the changing landscape, recognize the complexity of their issues, and identify new engagement and enrichment opportunities.
- Apply Forrester’s client engagement model to deliver client value and ensure client satisfaction.
- Utilize Forrester’s sales process, standardized solutions, and sales enablement technologies to maximize productivity.
- Meet overall renewal and enrichment goals for assigned core accounts.
- Clearly and concisely articulate the value of Forrester’s offerings.
- Maintain full fluency in Forrester’s core suite of products and services and how they are sold to deliver value in the marketplace.
- Proven track record of exceptional ability and team collaboration in a previous role.
- Two or more years of experience in B2B consultative sales field, selling intangible products, ideas, and solutions to business, marketing, and technology leaders.
- Relevant, transferable B2B industry experience, such as in technology, financial services, business services, professional services, or healthcare.
- Experience with relationship development and consultative selling and in prospecting and delivering excellent customer experience through embracing a “customer-obsessed” mindset.
- Experience with omnichannel outreach in order to engage with new buying groups and prospects and experience in negotiating to advance opportunities and selling to executive-level contacts.
- Experience with territory forecasting as well as proactive and systematic pipeline management in a CRM system.
Explore #ForresterLife on:
Forrester Research, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to equal employment opportunity for all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, genetic information, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Veterans are especially encouraged to apply.