Our job is to be bold at work.
It starts with an insatiable curiosity about clients, colleagues, and the future. At Forrester, we believe curiosity powers progress. Forresterites bring a diversity of opinions and the courage of their convictions to collaborate on the ideas and initiatives that change the course of business. As a trusted advisor to the most influential companies in the world, we live at the nexus of what’s next. Our purpose is to imagine the possibilities of change. Our job is to be bold at work.
About This Role:
Forrester is looking for a CMO Executive Partner for its Forrester Decisions VIP Leader tier for B2C marketing executives. Clients of our executive partners are the most senior marketing and technology leaders at $1 billion-plus organizations; they have overall responsibility to lead the shift to customer obsession, provide customer insights to inform business strategy, define a customer experience aligned to the brand promise, and recognize technology’s impact on customers and the business.
This role reports to the VP, Research Director and develops and grows strong relationships with CMO and other marketing executive clients. A trusted advisor to their clients, Executive Partners are previous marketing practitioners that bring executive speed and depth to client conversations that connect Forrester IP to clients’ operating context through expanded thinking and strategic decision support. You will inform Forrester’s research agenda by acting as a voice of the customer in content planning brainstorms and help create frameworks, templates, and tools that accelerate clients’ key marketing priorities.
- Account for the CMO client growth, satisfaction, and retention and ongoing engagement.
- Provide actionable feedback on the strategies of Forrester’s VIP leader clients by applying Forrester’s research coupled with their practitioner experience.
- Manage senior-most client relationships, partnering with sales and customer service teams in account planning to deepen and grow client account relationships.
- Work with product, research, and other internal partners to create a comprehensive delivery plan that is grounded in Forrester IP, tools, and best practices. Leverage Forrester assets as well as represent the voice of the customer in Forrester content creation.
- Build and maintain client engagement plans that help convey value delivered throughout the client relationship and strengthen the case for renewal.
- Develop and nurture existing leads to provide proactive business development support to Forrester’s sales organization.
- Represent Forrester at various events in the CMO space as a credible thought leader.
- Participate in content planning brainstorms and create frameworks, templates, and tools that accelerate clients’ key marketing priorities to realize CMO client needs and in turn inspire and contribute to Forrester’s research agenda.
- Fifteen-plus years’ experience in a B2C marketing leadership role — either as a CMO, VP of marketing, or agency managing director/group account director.
- Deep empathy for and relatability to clients’ priorities and challenges.
- Broad credibility with best practices facing CMOs across industries and geographies.
- Infectious curiosity about the marketing landscape and the future of the CMO role.
- The ability to create lasting positive impressions with C-suite execs through all channels of communication.
- Experience with client service with executives at large in multinational organizations.
- Strong collaboration and influence to keep people informed and ensure success.
- Superior presentation and problem-solving skills.
- A demonstrated values of client, rapport, urgency, client focus, courage, integrity, and quality to excel within a service operating model.
Explore #ForresterLife on:
Forrester Research, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to equal employment opportunity for all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, genetic information, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Veterans are especially encouraged to apply.