Our job is to be bold at work.
It starts with an insatiable curiosity about clients, colleagues, and the future. At Forrester, we believe curiosity powers progress. Forresterites bring a diversity of opinions and the courage of their convictions to collaborate on the ideas and initiatives that change the course of business. As a trusted advisor to the most influential companies in the world, we live at the nexus of what’s next.
About This Role:
Senior Analysts conduct innovative research and deliver advice through written reports, consulting, client inquiries, guidance sessions, and speeches. As a member of Forrester’s business insights research team, this Senior Analyst will write research for leaders who are responsible for the success of their firms’ technology strategies for data science, artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning (including deep learning) platforms, and use cases including predictive models, natural language understanding, and computer vision.
The successful candidate will write for, present to, and advise about Forrester’s AI, machine learning (ML), and data science research. Candidates need a strong understanding of the challenges executives face today and an appetite for conducting and writing research to stay abreast of those challenges. They must possess a passion for conducting and writing research on these topics with curiosity, technology acumen, business practicality, and prescriptive advice.
- Help define the future of the data science, AI/ML, and predictive analytics landscape by painting an accurate, forward-looking view based on primary research.
- Collaborate with our team’s senior and principal analysts to help our technology-focused clients as well as business-focused clients with their data science, and AI/ML initiatives.
- Develop a deep understanding of what Forrester clients require to be successful as analytics and data science professionals with a deep understanding of AI/ML.
- Conduct research into key aspects of the responsibilities of analytics and data science professionals, including technology strategies, trends, and best practices on how to apply these technologies to drive business outcomes.
- Write several long and short research documents that convey new ideas. These reports typically: 1) introduce new thinking about successful strategies and best and next practices; 2) present strategic maturity assessments and improvement roadmaps; 3) compare new technologies or services and their potential to help clients solve their business challenges (e.g., via a Forrester Wave™ evaluation); or 4) identify best practices that affect end-user value.
- Collaborate with experts in different focus areas from across Forrester’s roles and geographic teams to develop a complete context for these trends, both providing input to their research reports and writing reports incorporating their expertise to provide a big-picture view.
- Support consulting engagements as a subject-matter expert to apply Forrester’s research in the context of their specific business environments and help solve their problems through inquiry, guidance sessions advisory, and project consulting.
- Present at Forrester-sponsored and industry-related events and deliver client webinars.
- Establish an industry presence as an influential speaker and thinker; build relationships with senior data and analytics professionals as well as with the technology vendors that serve them and the journalists who cover the area; and participate in vendor briefings and field press inquiries as necessary.
- Support team members in research collaboration, idea development, and higher-order strategic thinking.
- Embrace social tools and build a market presence via social media.
- Support sales in client development discussions.
- A strong record of academic achievement: BA or BS as a minimum; MBA or MS is preferred.
- A minimum of five to seven years of experience in an advanced analytics role on the client, vendor, or consulting side.
- Deep technical knowledge of the data science, advanced analytics, AI/ML, and predictive analytics platform including open source technologies.
- An understanding of computer vision and visual inspection technologies is a plus.
- A profound spirit of team collaboration. We work as an integrated team that supports all team members.
- Deep intellectual curiosity about the effect of technology on the business landscape; solid business instincts and a practical understanding of what makes companies tick; and a creative view of markets, technologies, and attitudes combined with a fascination with the future.
- Superior listening, critical thinking, and writing skills as well as memorable presentation skills. Analysts are expected to take complex, disparate ideas (the big answers almost never come from one source) and distill them into simple, provocative concepts — and be willing to take a stand on vendors and outcomes.
- The ability to travel 30% to 50% of the time (post-pandemic).
Explore #ForresterLife on:
Forrester Research, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to equal employment opportunity for all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, genetic information, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Veterans are especially encouraged to apply.