Our job is to be bold at work.
It starts with an insatiable curiosity about clients, colleagues, and the future. At Forrester, we believe curiosity powers progress. Forresterites bring a diversity of opinions and the courage of their convictions to collaborate on the ideas and initiatives that change the course of business. As a trusted advisor to the most influential companies in the world, we live at the nexus of what’s next.
About This Role:
The Leaves and Mobility Specialist is an integral member of the global benefits and employee experience resource center teams within Forrester’s employee experience department. This position reports to the global head of benefits, with a dotted line to the manager of EX resource center in NA/EMEA.
The Leaves and Mobility Specialist provides high-quality administration and program management, while delivering an excellent employee experience for employees needing leaves of absence, requesting workplace accommodations, or requiring employment-related visas or work authorization.
This is a great opportunity for someone with experience in US leave administration or immigration and who is ready to take the next step in their human resources career. This team member will have opportunities to learn about global leaves and international mobility while building knowledge and leadership skills within these two specialty areas.
Employee leave administration:
- Manage and administer employee leaves in the US, Canada, and Europe, with a primary focus on US leaves, including FMLA, short-term disability (STD), long-term disability (LTD), parental, and state and local leaves (including California, Connecticut, and Massachusetts).
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws through collaboration with employment counsel, while delivering an exceptional employee experience and providing a competitive leave benefit in accordance with Forrester’s commitment to EX.
- Particularly focus on developing robust and compliant leave administration processes within the HRIS and in alignment with the employee experience resource center and payroll operations.
- Following referral from the employee experience resource center, serve as primary employee contact for employee questions regarding leaves or workplace accommodations.
- Process leaves and returns in HRIS system, serve as liaison to external agencies and regulatory bodies in the administration of claims, and maintain and track accurate records of employees on leaves of absence.
- Manage Forrester’s workplace accommodations/ADA policy through collaboration with employment counsel, the employee experience business partner team, and internal business management.
- Partner with internal resources to align leaves and accommodations with other benefits, policies, and variable compensation programs.
Global mobility program administration
- Manage US and Canada immigration program through collaboration with outside immigration counsel and internal management teams. Coordinate visa renewals and amendments. Conduct PERM recruitment processes. Work closely with TA to transition new hires requiring US work authorization. Meet with employees and managers to answer questions, resolve issues, and provide support.
- Proactively research and inform stakeholders of immigration law changes and their anticipated impacts.
- Provide leadership for I-9 process. Inform employee experience resource center team of any significant process changes, coordinate I-9 reverifications based on immigration status, and maintain I-9 binders (i.e., purging, exit management updates).
- Serve as US mobility lead for international relocations. Work closely with managers and employees involved in transfers, lead approval processes and cost estimates, and create documentation required for the move.
- Collaborate with APAC and EMEA regional mobility leads for individual transfers and on a general basis, seeking opportunities to align practices and strengthen processes. Explore enhancements to improve employee experience while balancing business needs and priorities.
- Guide employees through business travel visa requirements, including providing any required Forrester documentation.
- Two-plus years of experience with either US leaves administration or US immigration.
- Interest in global immigration and leave management.
- Experience with ever-changing legislative and regulatory requirements and processes.
- The ability to navigate business needs and compliance with empathy at key moments in the employee journey.
- Experience in building rapport with internal clients, outside vendors, and state/local agencies.
- The ability to cultivate working relationships with a variety of teams with unique priorities.
- Keen attention to detail and process; the ability to organize, prioritize, and multitask high volumes of work.
- Excellence in problem solving and self-guided learning.
- Knowledge of and experience with HR software, including Workday HR and iCIMS is a plus.
Explore #ForresterLife on:
Forrester Research, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to equal employment opportunity for all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, genetic information, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Veterans are especially encouraged to apply.