Our job is to be bold at work.
It starts with an insatiable curiosity about clients, colleagues, and the future. At Forrester, we believe curiosity powers progress. Forresterites bring a diversity of opinions and the courage of their convictions to collaborate on the ideas and initiatives that change the course of business. As a trusted advisor to the most influential companies in the world, we live at the nexus of what’s next.
About This Role:
The Director, Sales Enablement Communications And Innovation partners with leaders in Forrester’s sales, enablement, product, marketing, technology, and employee experience organizations to shape and deliver integrated sales communication strategies and initiatives that amplify our strategy, and culture to engage employees — including communications about sales campaigns, learning curriculums, sales performance, technology enablement programs, and sales methodology optimizations — in a way that maximizes sales rep productivity, efficiency, and effectiveness.
As a collaborative member of the sales engagement team, the role requires leading the sales enablement team in developing programs that enhance selling skills, promoting tool efficacy and methodology adoption, as well as coordinating external partners and resources. This individua reports to the senior director of sales enablement.
- Lead the development, implementation, and execution of complex internal integrated strategic sales communications that advance business objectives and value proposition while reinforcing Forrester’s culture.
- Advise and provide internal and external (partner) communications planning support to leaders.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of business strategies and build them into communications approaches and materials.
- Utilize a deep level of communications expertise to ensure successful implementation of global sales communications aligned with sales operating imperatives.
- Create and deliver internal communications plans using a variety of vehicles and channels for maximum effectiveness and efficiency; filter and target information reps need to understand about the selling environment.
- Be responsible for content on Forrester sales backstage website and sales newsletter.
- Source, develop, publish/distribute, and direct delivery of compelling communications across global sales audiences, partnering with content and channel owners to ensure a comprehensive and integrated approach.
- Measure effectiveness of internal communications through qualitative and quantitative methods, recommend communications changes, and implement internal communications best practices.
- Share business and communications subject-matter expertise with other team members and mentor/train others on the development of communications and communications strategies.
- Provide input to team members to help develop their expertise as enablers and strategic communicators.
- Foster a collaborative team environment that supports creativity, engagement, discovery, innovation, and measurement. Actively coach and develop direct reports.
- Develop an understanding of our global markets, segments, customer and sales personas, and sales teams.
- Work in conjunction with the senior director of sales enablement and enablement program managers.
- Contribute guidance to: 1) development and execution of technology enablement programs to ensure optimal usage and to maximize sales productivity; 2) development and delivery of field marketing, sales assets, messaging, process tools, and related content inventory; and 3) development and delivery of learning, career development, onboarding, and ongoing training programs, including maintenance of a standardized onboarding experience for each respective Forrester seller persona, as well as maintenance of a centralized inventory of curriculum and learning assets.
- Oversee project management and quality of sales enablement workstreams (i.e., sales enablement annual calendar, sales communications, learning and performance curriculums, technology enhancements).
- Leverage first-line sales managers/directors, other sales enablement managers, VPs, and the employee experience organization as agents of enablement.
- Collaborate with other enablement team members in the organization to develop and share best practices around training and support to sales personas.
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in business, communications, marketing, education, or a related field.
- At least seven to 10 years of progressive business experience, with at least five years directly in a marketing, communications, or sales (management, rep, training, enablement, or operations) role.
- At least five years of experience in leading others (leadership role or managing others).
- Advanced interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Superior writing and editing skills, applying AP Style. Adaptive writing abilities for different formats, including internal news stories, executive messages, video scripts, presentation and talking points. The ability to capture and reflect different voices and communications styles.
- Attention to detail and proven project management skills — the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously within tight time frames and collaborate with others to deliver results.
- Proficiency in digital communication with demonstrated experience in maintaining websites and/or blogs and the ability to quickly learn and use current and emerging internal communications tools available at Forrester.
- The ability to direct creative and multimedia resources to engage audiences.
- Advanced problem-solving skills.
- Advanced ability to work individually and as a member of a team (on team assignments) and build productive working relationships across functional areas.
- Leadership skills, including the ability to understand and navigate organization and manage change effectively.
- The ability to manage in participative manner.
- Thorough understanding of business strategies.
- B2B sales fluency as well as an understanding of what drives sales organizations and how sales organizations are measured.
- A motivated self-starter with a high energy level.
- The ability to meet an expected 20% travel time investment.
Explore #ForresterLife on:
Forrester Research, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to equal employment opportunity for all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, genetic information, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Veterans are especially encouraged to apply.