Our job is to be bold at work.
It starts with an insatiable curiosity about clients, colleagues, and the future. At Forrester, we believe curiosity powers progress. Forresterites bring a diversity of opinions and the courage of their convictions to collaborate on the ideas and initiatives that change the course of business. As a trusted advisor to the most influential companies in the world, we live at the nexus of what’s next.
About This Role:
Forrester is seeking a Principal Analyst to join our B2B customer engagement research team. This team is dedicated to researching, analyzing, and providing guidance that helps Forrester clients manage the post-sale customer lifecycle. Forrester believes that a coordinated approach to post-sale engagement where functions of customer insights, customer marketing, and customer success are aligned to deliver value to the customer and the company is the most effective way to drive retention, expansion, and customer advocacy.
Our ideal candidate is a seasoned B2B practitioner who has deep experience with customer success management, post-sale customer experience, or customer insights (bonus points for any combination of these three). Candidates must be a thought leader who will advance our research agenda, drive high-impact client-facing engagements that inspire and influence executives, and act as an advocate for our team as they collaborate with multiple research teams across Forrester.
Candidates must demonstrate the confidence and ability to present to and advise clients across industries. Principal Analysts do this through conducting and publishing innovative research and delivering advice through one-on-one advisory sessions, consulting projects, client inquiries, and speeches.
- Develop and communicate a deep understanding of best practices in customer insights and customer success management strategy, design, and execution to deliver long-term success for their customers, employees, and company to outperform the competition.
- Define the future of post-sale customer engagement by developing forward-looking insights on key trends, models, and best practices and what executive leaders need to do to prepare.
- Conduct primary research to produce in-depth analyses that convey new ideas framed for Forrester’s clients.
- Understand current and future technologies that support the post-sale experience, and willingly make calls on which vendors will be most successful.
- Collaborate across the Forrester ecosystem to deliver higher-level insights that leverage multiple perspectives.
- Produce short- and long-form written research with various expressions of content: infographics, audio and video, blogs, and podcasts.
- Apply Forrester’s research to help clients solve their business problems using short- and medium-term consulting engagements.
- Present at Forrester-sponsored and industry-related events, and deliver client webinars.
- Establish an industry presence as an influential speaker and thinker, and participate in vendor briefings and field press inquiries as necessary.
- Support business development and prospect conversations as arranged by Forrester’s account leadership teams.
- BA or BS degree at a minimum; an MBA or MS degree is preferred.
- Typically 10-plus years’ deep experience in developing and implementing leading-edge thinking around current and emerging post-sale customer engagement strategies, organization design, digital business transformation, and customer experience in either an advanced corporate or consulting environment; experience in deploying these insights with technology partners and vendors.
- Demonstrable experience with metrics, analytics, and governance.
- Superior client-facing communication, listening, critical thinking, and collaboration skills with researchers, analytics, subject-matter experts, and client leaders.
- The ability to take complex, disparate ideas and distill them into simple, provocative concepts; willingness to take a stand on outcomes with clients, vendors, press, and competition.
- The ability to travel up to 30% of the time (in normal business and travel circumstances).
Explore #ForresterLife on:
Forrester Research, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to equal employment opportunity for all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, genetic information, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Veterans are especially encouraged to apply.