Our job is to be bold at work.
It starts with an insatiable curiosity about clients, colleagues, and the future. At Forrester, we believe curiosity powers progress. Forresterites bring a diversity of opinions and the courage of their convictions to collaborate on the ideas and initiatives that change the course of business. As a trusted advisor to the most influential companies in the world, we live at the nexus of what’s next.
About This Role:
The Account Manager (AM) III pursues growth opportunities within a portfolio of Forrester’s largest accounts. This role supports clients in implementing business transformations and customer-obsessed strategies by capitalizing on changing markets and digital disruption, thereby promoting client growth in the “age of the customer.” As a trusted advisor across business and technology C-suite leaders, the successful candidate will establish long-term relationships with leaders who drive and influence business growth. This individual will also create and orchestrate global account strategies to anticipate client needs, understand what drives their success; challenge them to think differently; and provide highly valued business insight for them to win, build, and retain customers.
- Identify key business leaders and build long-term relationships with VP- and C-level influencers and buyers.
- Proactively pursue business development opportunities with prospective and existing premier clients to meet enrichment and renewal goals.
- Lead the strategy and plan development of premier accounts by maximizing efficiencies and identifying potential opportunities where Forrester can add significant value.
- Earn credibility through an in-depth understanding of a premier client’s business, organization, external environment, and industry.
- Collaborate with premier account teams throughout the client engagements lifecycle toward the accounts’ greater good.
- Work with premier clients as a trusted advisor to solve problems, and challenge their thinking to boost their growth.
- Achieve overall business development, enrichment, and renewal goals for the premier accounts assigned to them.
- Maintain full fluency in Forrester’s products and services and how they are sold to deliver value in the marketplace.
- A proven track record in business development and account targets; five to eight years of sales background and more than eight years of professional experience.
- Demonstrated sales strategies and rapport with senior-level executives, from VP level and above, including CMO, CIO, CTO, and CDO.
- Success in selling multiple intangible products, ideas, and solutions (e.g., consulting and research) to Fortune 1000 companies.
- Experience with strategic account planning and management and in growing key accounts.
- Experience with procurement and management of complex buying processes to guide and advise clients.
- Relevant, transferable industry experience, e.g., consulting, professional services, financial services, retail, healthcare, and media (less critical).
- Exposure to marketing and technology functions and digital as drivers of change within organizations (less critical).
- Strong presentation and meeting facilitation skills.
- The ability to travel frequently to attend in-person client meetings.
Explore #ForresterLife on:
Forrester Research, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to equal employment opportunity for all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, genetic information, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Veterans are especially encouraged to apply.