Our job is to be bold at work.
It starts with an insatiable curiosity about clients, colleagues, and the future. At Forrester, we believe curiosity powers progress. Forresterites bring a diversity of opinions and the courage of their convictions to collaborate on the ideas and initiatives that change the course of business. As a trusted advisor to the most influential companies in the world, we live at the nexus of what’s next.
About This Role:
The Researcher is a crucial asset of Forrester’s B2C marketing and CMO research teams, which create, publish, and deliver research and consulting services to marketing strategy leaders, helping them with their company’s most critical initiatives.
Forrester’s B2C marketing researchers dive deep into topics like marketing trends and technologies, produce powerful presentations and other deliverables, support team processes, and contribute to client inquiries and advisory. Successful candidates will work closely with analysts covering brand strategy, media planning, consumer trends, martech and adtech, marketing measurement, and innovation.
- Help analysts conduct market research, analyze findings, and produce content and presentations.
- Design and conduct subject-matter expert interviews, quant surveys, and qualitative questions to gain insight into the practices and priorities of B2C marketing executives.
- Participate in vendor briefings, client advisories and guidance sessions, webinars, and industry events to help the team stay on top of industry trends and best practices.
- Support analyst and team interactions with Forrester sales, marketing, and editorial teams.
- Monitor Forresterwide survey data to bring relevant points back to the team and participate in new survey coordination to ensure team research needs are represented.
- Draft and/or edit analyst reports, blog posts, and other content.
- Explore opportunities for cross-team collaboration by mining Forrester research published by other groups and proactively discussing planned research.
- Manage projects and coordinate resources to accomplish team goals.
- A strong academic record, preferably a BA/BS degree; equivalent education through military education, previous work experience, or certification is considered.
- Relevant work experience in marketing, advertising, consulting, research, or media.
- A deep understanding of B2C marketing as well as business and societal drivers along with their implications to the future of marketing.
- Insatiable curiosity in learning about marketing-related technologies and consumer trends.
- A background in survey design, analysis, and data management is a plus.
- The ability to organize, prioritize, and manage multiple projects through completion under tight deadlines.
- The initiative to work with a dynamic team based across multiple time zones.
- Superior communication skills and excellent command of the English language (including grammar and editing skills); experience with analysis and report writing.
- Experience in working with data to surface meaningful insights.
- Proficiency with productivity tools (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint); experience with survey tools such as Qualtrics is preferred.
- Sense of autonomy and collaboration, attention to detail, and self-motivation.
Explore #ForresterLife on:
Forrester Research, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to equal employment opportunity for all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, genetic information, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Veterans are especially encouraged to apply.