Our job is to be bold at work.
It starts with an insatiable curiosity about clients, colleagues, and the future. At Forrester, we believe curiosity powers progress. Forresterites bring a diversity of opinions and the courage of their convictions to collaborate on the ideas and initiatives that change the course of business. As a trusted advisor to the most influential companies in the world, we live at the nexus of what’s next.
About this Role:
The Sales Manager leads a team of eight to 11 individual sales professionals and ensures that each team member meet their monthly and quarterly activity, development, and bookings goals. This role focuses on small to midsize technology vendor accounts and developing the team’s strategic selling skills. The Sales Manager helps drive sales for Forrester’s products into target client companies by partnering with marketing and business technology professionals.
- Achieve overall team sales goals.
- Coach and motivate individual team members.
- Prepare team members for current and future opportunities.
- Hire and develop new team members for future growth.
- Analyze sales forecasts, pipelines, and data.
- Collaborate with other Forrester departments and sales teams to expand business.
- Maintain the proper product mix ratio.
- Utilize Forrester’s CRM system (Salesforce) and sales methodology.
- Lead by example within the sales organization. Promote a positive attitude and environment, advise reps on accounts, answer questions, and assist when necessary.
- Present to prospective and existing clients Forrester’s products and services. Assist with presentations when necessary.
- Manage the region as a business with appropriate expense and budget controls.
- Travel with the sales reps for coaching opportunities as well as client engagement and feedback.
- A bachelor’s degree.
- Eight years of sales experience, with minimum of three years in first-line sales management.
- History of managing large accounts, achieving revenue goals, and managing sales strategies.
- Success in sales management, both in sales target attainment and people/team development.
- A track record in designing and implementing tactical sales initiatives through data and empirical analysis.
- Strong, high-level relationship skills.
- The ability to thrive in a team selling environment.
- Coaching and mentoring skills.
- The ability to grasp and absorb new concepts quickly (such as rapid advancements in the business technology industry).
- Strong prospecting, needs analysis, negotiating, and closing skills.
Explore #ForresterLife on:
Forrester Research, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to equal employment opportunity for all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, genetic information, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Veterans are especially encouraged to apply.