Our job is to be bold at work.
It starts with an insatiable curiosity about clients, colleagues, and the future. At Forrester, we believe curiosity powers progress. Forresterites bring a diversity of opinions and the courage of their convictions to collaborate on the ideas and initiatives that change the course of business. As a trusted advisor to the most influential companies in the world, we live at the nexus of what’s next.
About This Role:
Forrester is seeking a Principal Analyst to be part of our B2B channel marketing strategies service, which is designed to help channel and partner marketing leaders develop and deliver aligned strategies, industry leading approaches, high-performing teams and results-oriented partnering programs. This role develops research and advises B2B channel and partner marketing leaders in areas including aligning marketing-sales channel routes-to-market and growth strategies, leading and executing channel demand and customer engagement/retention programs, optimizing partner/revenue enablement strategies, and developing exceptional partner experience and engagement strategies to influence the entirety of the partnership lifecycle.
Our ideal candidate is a seasoned B2B channel marketing practitioner who has deep experience in leading channel/partner marketing teams either at a global/regional or business unit level. We are especially interested in candidates who have direct experience in partner ecosystem orchestration and marketplace strategies, capabilities and cross-partner teaming. While experience in managing agencies is desirable, our ideal candidate has deep client-side credentials.
Candidates must be a thought leader, advancing our research agenda, driving high-impact client-facing engagements, and acting as an advocate for the channel marketing service both within Forrester and with our clients.
- Delivers client-facing engagements (guidance sessions) to support client needs and drive further engagement, client retention, and growth.
- Develops innovative foundational frameworks and models to illustrate and enable B2B channel marketing best practices.
- Ensures client-facing content is engaging, actionable, and meets expectations for unparalleled quality.
- Participates, supports, and influences other channel marketing strategies analysts in the research development and innovation efforts.
- Supports the VP, research director, and other analysts to develop and implement scalable client engagement activities, client retention, and new business development efforts.
- Develops and delivers presentation content for key customer events throughout the year.
- Provides sales enablement support as required, including account strategies and service positioning.
- Participates in consulting engagements as a subject-matter expert as needed.
- Speaks publicly to build brand awareness.
- A record of strong academic achievement.
- At least 15 years of experience as a B2B channel/partner marketing leader.
- Client-side experience in building, managing, and activating B2B channel and partner demand to, through, with, and for partners on a global stage.
- Firsthand experience in managing and executing partnering strategies across diverse partner types and business models addressing partner personas needs and buyer/customer requirements.
- Channel incentive and market development fund (MDF) strategies and execution experience.
- At least ten years of experience in managing high-performing channel marketing teams, at global, regional, or subregional level.
- Proven experience in addressing the common issues and challenges that B2B channel marketing leaders and partner marketing leaders face today in their function and role.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of how complex B2B organizations function and the resulting transformational and change management challenges that B2B channel/partner marketing leaders face today.
- Proven track record of communicating with and influencing senior leaders within an organization.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues and peers to achieve mutually beneficial outcomes.
- Deep intellectual curiosity about how B2B channel and partner marketing leaders lead their organizations and drive change.
- A creative view of markets, channel technologies, and the social and cultural dynamics that are influencing the future of B2B channel and partner marketing.
- Superb writing skills, with a knack for taking complex theoretical ideas and making them lucid and actionable.
- Familiarity with and confidence around channel data and the way research and data drive decision-making.
- Confidence in operating in a networked organization and working within a matrixed, team structure.
- Strong execution skills and evidence of a consistent follow-through on commitments.
- The ability to travel 25% of the time or more.
Explore #ForresterLife on:
Forrester Research, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to equal employment opportunity for all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, genetic information, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Veterans are especially encouraged to apply.