Our job is to be bold at work.
It starts with an insatiable curiosity about clients, colleagues, and the future. At Forrester, we believe curiosity powers progress. Forresterites bring a diversity of opinions and the courage of their convictions to collaborate on the ideas and initiatives that change the course of business. As a trusted advisor to the most influential companies in the world, we live at the nexus of what’s next.
About This Role:
Forrester’s TEI framework helps clients make decisions about technology offerings’ overall financial value. The Director for TEI manages a diverse, high-performing team of independent managers and individual delivery consultants and drives exceptional product innovation and quality management across deliverables. The role has three key leadership aspects: thought, people, and process to promote a positive employee experience and, ultimately, positive business results.
- Manage and grow a high-performing team of individual consultants and managers responsible for managing client relationships, delivering high-quality business value consulting, and driving innovation. Report to the Consulting Practice Lead in hiring, developing, coaching, and mentoring these individuals.
- Perform executive management functions concerning the team’s project delivery.
- Effectively and efficiently address highly complex and ambiguous situations to achieve clear outcomes.
- Collaborate with others within the North America strategy consulting team and across Forrester’s global consulting group as well as the research group to develop and codify consulting capabilities, methods, tools, offerings, and related artifacts that can be applied to business development and engagement delivery.
- Own product quality. Develop a common process around quality standards and core KPIs for deliverable quality, and oversee product quality throughout the product delivery process.
- Support the sales and account ecosystem in understanding client needs and translating that into project scope.
- Innovate on our existing product portfolio to further leverage data and insights across the Forrester ecosystem.
- Work across teams at Forrester to build and grow the TEI product portfolio.
- Interact with Forrester subject matter experts to bring the highest level of expertise and service to an engagement.
- Develop clear, actionable goals and targets for individuals on your team to achieve success.
- Present at conferences, briefings, and audioconferences.
- Specialize on the TEI processes as described above, specifically toward continuous innovation to ensure Forrester continues to provide world-class service to its clients.
- A strong academic record, specifically a BA/BS degree; an MBA is preferred.
- At least 12 years’ total experience, with minimum five to eight years dedicated to management, management consulting, and software and application delivery efforts supporting strategic development, technology transformation, marketing, sales, and customer experience business objectives.
- Demonstrated experience managing and building complex, fast-growing teams.
- Success in designing and implementing operational consulting processes, preferably in areas involving measuring and maintaining consistent project delivery across the project lifecycle.
- Experience in leading management consulting practices.
- A strong knowledge of the practical application of financial theory in investment modeling — ROI, NPV, expected value, risk, payback, etc. — including strong Excel skills.
- Hands-on experience building and enhancing quality management across product deliverables.
- An understanding of quantitative market research approaches, emerging survey research techniques, and technology research.
- Familiarity in survey data handling processes like quota management, weighting, data quality assurance, vendor management, and data cleaning.
- Excellent communication skills, including presentation, data visualization, and writing skills.
- The ability to collaborate across the multiple organizational levels to meet the needs of product growth and innovation; the initiative to handle multiple tasks and follow through under a tight schedule.
- The ability to travel as needed.
Explore #ForresterLife on:
Forrester Research, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to equal employment opportunity for all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, genetic information, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Veterans are especially encouraged to apply.