Our job is to be bold at work.
It starts with an insatiable curiosity about clients, colleagues, and the future. At Forrester, we believe curiosity powers progress. Forresterites brings a diversity of opinions and the courage of their convictions to collaborate on the ideas and initiatives that change the course of business. As a trusted advisor to the most influential companies in the world, we live at the nexus of what’s next.
About This Role:
As a Senior Account Manager (SAM), you will pursue substantial growth opportunities within a portfolio of Forrester’s largest accounts. By capitalizing on changing markets and digital disruption, you will support clients in implementing business transformations and customer-obsessed strategies that will drive client growth in the age of the customer. As a trusted advisor across C-suite leaders, you will build long-term relationships with executives who drive and influence business growth. By creating and orchestrating global account strategies, you will anticipate your client’s needs, understand what drives their success, challenge them to think differently, and provide highly valued business insight to let your clients win, serve, and retain customers.
- Identify key business leaders, and build and maintain long-term relationships with VP- and C-suite-level influencers and buyers.
- Meet with current clients face-to-face (up to 35% domestic travel), and leverage the company’s marketing activities as well as your own business development efforts.
- Build credibility through an in-depth understanding of each client’s business, organization, external environment, and industry.
- Proactively pursue new business development opportunities with prospective and existing clients to meet target growth.
- Create, write, and deliver value-based sales proposals to C-level decision makers.
- Cross-functionally collaborate with research, consulting, and other sales team members throughout sales and delivery, and provide ongoing feedback internally.
- Build and continually develop an in-depth understanding of SiriusDecisions and Forrester products and services.
- Represent Forrester in a professional and ethical manner to clients, prospects, and colleagues.
- A bachelor’s degree.
- Knowledge of and experience in B2B sales or marketing.
- A proven, consistent track record of overachievement in business development and account targets (seven-plus years’ sales experience).
- Successful selling of multiple intangible products, ideas, and solutions (e.g., consulting and research) to Fortune 1000 companies. Software sales experience is a plus.
- A strong desire to cultivate and nurture client relationships to support our rapidly growing business.
- The ability to manage C-level relationships within enterprise B2B organizations.
- Expertise in leading successful presentations and writing well-crafted messages to decision makers.
- Experience in procurement and managing complex buying processes to guide and advise clients.
- The ability to produce accurate and timely forecasts.
- A deep business acumen and fluency in the language of marketing, product management, and sales.
Explore #ForresterLife on:
Forrester Research, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to equal employment opportunity for all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, genetic information, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Veterans are especially encouraged to apply.