Imagine the possibilities of change. It starts with an insatiable curiosity about clients, colleagues, and the future. At Forrester, we believe curiosity powers progress. Forresterites bring a diversity of opinions and the courage of their convictions to collaborate on the ideas and initiatives that change the course of business. As a trusted advisor to the most influential companies in the world, we live at the nexus of what’s next. Our purpose is to imagine the possibilities of change. Our job is to be bold at work.
About This Role:
Forrester is currently looking for an Analyst to conduct research and deliver strategic advice for technology leaders responsible for application development and delivery. Knowledge of the experience of modern application developers is required. Knowledge of cloud-native development technologies such as serverless, containers and PaaS, as well as Agile and DevOps principles preferred. Candidates should have a good grasp of how these technologies and platforms contribute to strengthening customer engagement and, in turn, delight the customer.
The successful candidate researches new technology platforms and tools, uncovers best practices, and delivers research in written reports, presentations, inquiries, guidance sessions, and custom advisory for software leaders across industries and geographies. Our research is aimed at helping clients solve business problems and improve business results by applying principles and best practices.
The Analyst works as part of a high-performing team with a strong emphasis on collaborating with others in all aspects of the job. The Analyst is expected to:
- Develop a deep understanding of what Forrester clients require to be successful as technology and development leaders, with a focus on how they help their organizations build applications in a modern way.
- Conduct research into cloud-native development in the context of supporting professional developers. Technical understanding of cloud-native platforms from vendors such as Amazon, Google or Microsoft is preferred.
- Collaborate with infrastructure and operations experts on primary research into developing and optimizing develop experiences on cloud platforms.
- Work with different focus areas across Forrester research teams to develop a complete research portfolio on Agile and DevOps, providing both input to others’ research and writing reports incorporating expertise from across Forrester to provide a “big picture” view.
- Research/write/create approximately 6-8 pieces of intellectual property per year, including reports, tools, webinars, videos, podcasts, and infographics. Build visibility for his/her research and contribute to Forrester client communities.
- Consult with clients to apply Forrester’s research in the context of their specific business environment and help solve their problems through inquiry, guidance and advisory engagements.
- Establish an industry presence as an influential speaker and thinker; build relationships with journalists who cover the sector; participate in vendor briefings and field press inquiries as necessary.
- A minimum of one to two years of experience as a research analyst, consultant or practitioner where you have led or been involved in modern application development practices. Experience in Agile and DevOps practices, professional cloud-native development, or an equal amount of time as product manager for vendors that serve this space also admissible.
- A deep intellectual curiosity about the effect of technology on the business landscape; solid business instincts and a practical understanding of what makes companies tick; and a creative view of markets, technologies, and attitudes combined with a fascination with the future.
- Superior listening, critical thinking, and writing skills, as well as compelling presentation skills.
- The ability to take complex, disparate ideas and distill them into simple, provocative concepts -- and be willing to take a stand on vendors and outcomes.
- The ability to travel up to 20% of the time.
Explore #ForresterLife on:
Forrester Research, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to equal employment opportunity for all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, genetic information, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Veterans are especially encouraged to apply.