Our job is to be bold at work.
It starts with an insatiable curiosity about clients, colleagues, and the future. At Forrester, we believe curiosity powers progress. Forresterites bring a diversity of opinions and the courage of their convictions to collaborate on the ideas and initiatives that change the course of business. As a trusted advisor to the most influential companies in the world, we live at the nexus of what’s next.
About This Role:
The Senior Financial Analyst plays a vital role in helping business leaders understand the major trends influencing Forrester’s financial results. The Senior Financial Analyst leads or contributes meaningfully to the following key financial planning and analysis (FP&A) processes for his/her assigned business units.
- Partner with business leaders, and maintain a productive relationship that ensures visibility and understanding of key financial and business drivers and facilitates fluid and effective decision-making.
- Maintain long range forecast, and drive completion of annual budget for bookings, revenues, and expenses.
- Account close and quality control review of financial results, including analysis of bookings (sales), revenues, and expenses as appropriate.
- Manage monthly financial reviews, including slide deck preparation and presentation of variance analysis and results commentary compared to plan and prior year to business unit and finance leadership.
- Roll monthly forecast updates in collaboration with business unit leaders including analysis and commentary on risks, opportunities, and actionable course correction recommendations.
- Process weekly resource planning to drive optimization of available people and nonpeople resources.
- Monitor the FP&A planning system and processes related to monthly close and management reporting.
- Evolution of financial models and processes for continuous efficiency and quality improvement.
- Support special projects such as strategic planning, business case preparation, external benchmarking, mergers and acquisitions support, etc.
- A bachelor’s degree in a business discipline with minimum of five years of experience; an MBA or postgraduate degree is a plus.
- A solid understanding of database structure (customer relationship management, data warehouse, enterprise resource planning, etc.); experience with cloud-based planning platforms is a plus, and experience with Anaplan modeling is strongly preferred.
- Experience with public midsize services businesses and/or subscription revenue models is a plus.
- A polished professional with good presentation skills.
- A team player who can partner effectively with peers and senior leaders.
- An independent thinker with a sense of urgency, a commitment to quality, and the ability to prioritize effort in a fast-paced environment.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel (analyzing large data sets, financial modeling, etc.).
Explore #ForresterLife on:
Forrester Research, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to equal employment opportunity for all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, genetic information, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Veterans are especially encouraged to apply.