Our job is to be bold at work.
It starts with an insatiable curiosity about clients, colleagues, and the future. At Forrester, we believe curiosity powers progress. Forresterites bring a diversity of opinions and the courage of their convictions to collaborate on the ideas and initiatives that change the course of business. As a trusted advisor to the most influential companies in the world, we live at the nexus of what’s next.
About This Role:
Forrester’s Analyst conducts research and delivers strategic advice for commerce technology leaders, including CIOs, CTOs, enterprise architecture leads, and digital heads of digital. This role requires a strong understanding of commerce technologies such as commerce solutions, OMS, POS, site search, pricing, and related technologies; deep knowledge and experience with technical practices and methods to support commerce technologies and related initiatives for a retailer or brand manufacturer; and extensive experience selecting and strategically leveraging retail commerce tech for a brand or retailer. Our ideal candidate understands how retail/commerce technology architecture capabilities are integrated into the overall digital value stream — underpinning the organization’s products, projects, and services — to create an adaptive, creative, and resilient business.
Forrester Analysts are a rare breed. They are meticulous researchers, publishing evaluations and reports that set expectations across the markets they cover. They are dynamic speakers and counselors, delivering live advisories and presentations to business leaders and event audiences. They establish definitions and best practices that transform the technology they cover into a future fit capability for our enterprise clients, helping them solve business problems and improve their business results. Success in this position requires delivering these insights and recommendations in written reports, presentations, speeches, inquiries, guidance sessions, and custom advisory for retail and technology leaders across industries and geographies.
As part of a high-performing, collaborative team, the Analyst must:
- Develop a deep understanding of what Forrester retail and brand manufacturer clients need to succeed as technology leaders, focusing on how they help their organizations develop commerce technology architecture and strategy capabilities to create a more adaptive, creative, and resilient organization.
- Conduct research about the responsibilities of digital commerce/retail digital business strategy professionals, particularly commerce technologies, and how they impact business strategy and best practice insights.
- Conduct primary research into commerce technology architecture capabilities, practices, touchpoints, and evolution to support digital commerce initiatives and those leaders.
- Help clients identify tactics and commerce-related technologies that best drive success, both in-store and via digital touchpoints.
- Work with the digital business retail research director to develop and refine a rolling 12-month research plan that enhances and complements research within this team and research from related other areas.
- Collaborate with application development and infrastructure and operations experts on primary research into supporting products, projects, and services.
- Work with different focus areas across Forrester research teams to develop a complete research portfolio on commerce technology issues, providing both input to others’ research and writing reports incorporating expertise from across Forrester to provide a “big picture” view.
- Spearhead the research and delivery of rich research projects and create supporting IP such as written reports, tools, webinars, videos, podcasts, and other intellectual property. Build visibility for his/her/their research and contribute to Forrester client communities.
- Consult with clients to apply Forrester’s research in the context of their specific business environment and help solve their problems through inquiry, guidance, and advisory engagements.
- Establish an industry presence as an influential speaker and thinker; participate in vendor briefings, and field press inquiries as needed.
- Three to five years’ experience as a research analyst, consultant, or practitioner involved in digital business, commerce, or retail or an equal amount of time as product manager for vendors that serve the market.
- A deep intellectual curiosity about the effect of technology on the business landscape; solid business instincts and a practical understanding of what makes commerce companies tick; and a creative view of markets, technologies, and attitudes combined with a fascination with the future.
- Superior listening, collaboration, critical thinking, and writing skills as well as compelling presentation skills.
- The ability to take complex, disparate ideas and refine them into simple, bold concepts — and be willing to take a stand on vendors and outcomes.
- The ability to travel up to 20% of the time.
Explore #ForresterLife on:
Forrester Research, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to equal employment opportunity for all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, genetic information, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. Minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are especially encouraged to apply.