About This Role:
Senior Analysts conduct innovative research and deliver advice through written reports, consulting, client inquiries, guidance and advisory sessions, and speeches. This Senior Analyst will be part of Forrester’s global financial services research team, which conducts research into technologies that deliver product and business model innovation to banks, insurance companies, and wealth managers.
We are looking for an individual who has expertise in digital transformation, digital delivery models (B2C and B2B2C), and emerging technologies that advance our financial services clients’ understanding of risk and opportunities in an ever-complex marketplace. Candidates will need a strong interest in and understanding of the business and technology issues facing financial services companies, including insurance and reinsurance firms today. Candidates must possess a passion for conducting and writing research on these topics with curiosity, technology acumen, business practicality, and prescriptive advice. They must also have the confidence and ability to present to and advise senior executives on these topics.
- Develop a deep understanding of the top challenges financial services companies, including insurers and re-insurers, face across their value chain and the types of research assets that help them tackle these challenges.
- Partner with Forrester’s lead digital business analysts to help define the future of digital delivery and services models for financial services companies, including insurance companies, their brokers, and their ecosystem partners.
- Conduct primary and secondary research, including by planning and conducting interviews of financial services company executives and other industry leaders, fielding online surveys, and analyzing Forrester and third-party data.
- Carry out research into key aspects of the responsibilities of digital business professionals in financial services, including technology strategies, trends, and best practices on how to apply these technologies to drive business outcomes.
- Write several long and short research documents that convey new ideas. These reports typically: 1) introduce new thinking about successful strategies and best practices; 2) present strategic maturity assessments and improvement roadmaps; 3) compare new technologies or services and their potential to help clients solve their business challenges (e.g., via a Forrester Wave™ and/or Digital Experience Review™ evaluations); or 4) identify best practices that clients can leverage.
- Collaborate with the wider research team as well as experts in different focus areas from across Forrester’s services and geographic teams to develop a complete context for these trends, both providing input to their research and writing reports incorporating their expertise to provide a view of the big picture.
- Support consulting engagements as a subject-matter expert to apply Forrester’s research in the context of clients’ specific business environments and help solve their problems through inquiry, guidance sessions, advisory, and project consulting.
- Present at Forrester-sponsored and industry events and deliver client webinars.
- Establish an industry presence as an influential speaker and thinker; build relationships with senior digital business professionals as well as with the technology vendors that serve them and the journalists who cover the area; and participate in vendor briefings and field press inquiries as necessary.
- Support team members in research collaboration, idea development, and strategic thinking.
- Embrace social tools and build a market presence via social media.
- Support sales in client development discussions.
- A strong record of academic achievement: BA or BS as a minimum.
- A minimum of five to seven years of experience in an advanced analytics role on the client, technology provider, or consulting side.
- Proven experience and deep understanding of the financial services sector, including expertise in the insurance industry.
- Deep technical knowledge of the digital business technologies and practices, including emerging technologies and competitors. Working knowledge of the capital markets and their influence on the financial services sector generally and the insurance industry specifically.
- Deep intellectual curiosity about the effect of technology on the business landscape; solid business instincts and a practical understanding of what makes companies tick; and a creative view of markets, technologies, and attitudes combined with a fascination with the future.
- Superior listening, critical thinking, and writing skills, as well as memorable presentation skills.
- A profound spirit of team collaboration. We work as an integrated team that supports all team members.
- The ability to take complex, disparate ideas (the big answers almost never come from one source) and distill them into simple, provocative concepts. Willingness to take a stand on technologies, vendors, and outcomes.
- The ability to travel 30% of the time (post-pandemic).
Explore #ForresterLife on:
Forrester Research, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to equal employment opportunity for all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, genetic information, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Veterans are especially encouraged to apply.