Our job is to be bold at work.
It starts with an insatiable curiosity about clients, colleagues, and the future. At Forrester, we believe curiosity powers progress. Forresterites bring a diversity of opinions and the courage of their convictions to collaborate on the ideas and initiatives that change the course of business. As a trusted advisor to the most influential companies in the world, we live at the nexus of what’s next.
About This Role:
The Senior Account Manager supports clients in implementing business transformations and customer-obsessed strategies that will drive client growth in the age of the customer by capitalizing on changing markets and digital disruption.
This role entails creating and orchestrating account penetration strategies to anticipate client and prospect needs; understand what drives their success; challenge them to think differently; and provide highly valued business insights for them to win, serve, and retain customers. You will act as a trusted advisor to and build long-term relationships with business and technology senior executives who drive and influence business growth.
- Identify key business leaders. Build and maintain long-term relationships with VP- and C-suite-level influencers and buyers.
- Proactively pursue business development opportunities with prospective and existing clients to meet renewal and enrichment goals.
- Lead the strategy and plan development for the growth of accounts. Identify high business, buyer, and Forrester Fit opportunities where Forrester can add significant value for the client.
- Establish credibility through an in-depth understanding of a client’s business, organization, external environment, and industry.
- Drive collaboration with account teams throughout the client engagement lifecycle for the greater good of the accounts.
- Act as a trusted advisor to clients to solve problems, challenge their thinking, and drive growth.
- Meet the overall renewal and enrichment goals of the accounts assigned to them.
- Maintain full fluency in Forrester’s products and services and how they are sold to deliver value in the marketplace.
- Demonstrated ability to strategically sell to, communicate with and build relationships with senior-level executives at the VP level or above, including CMOs, CIOs, CTOs, and CDOs.
- Background in business development and account management; five to eight years’ sales experience plus eight-plus years’ professional experience.
- Strong organization business acumen.
- Success in selling multiple, intangible products, ideas, and solutions (e.g., consulting and research) to Fortune 1000 companies.
- History of strategic account planning and management and growing key accounts; excellence in opening new accounts and areas within existing accounts that have high product/business fit through programmatic account development strategies.
- Experience with procurement and management of complex buying processes to guide and advise clients.
- Relevant and transferable industry experience (e.g., consulting, professional services, financial services, retail, healthcare, and media) is preferred.
- Exposure to core technology groups, roles, and functions including Security, Technology Executives, and TAD; the ability to articulate the digital future as a key driver of change within organizations.
- Strong presentation and meeting facilitation skills.
- The ability to travel frequently and attend in-person client meetings (adjusted for COVID-19 realities).
Explore #ForresterLife on:
Forrester Research, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to equal employment opportunity for all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, genetic information, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Veterans are especially encouraged to apply.