Our job is to be bold at work.
It starts with an insatiable curiosity about clients, colleagues, and the future. At Forrester, we believe curiosity powers progress. Forresterites bring a diversity of opinions and the courage of their convictions to collaborate on the ideas and initiatives that change the course of business. As a trusted advisor to the most influential companies in the world, we live at the nexus of what’s next.
About This Role:
The Vice President, Revenue Development leads Forrester’s revenue development function globally. This leader is responsible for setting the strategy for our revenue development function in partnership with Forrester’s chief sales officer (CSO), global sales leaders, and revenue engine partners. The Vice President, Revenue Development builds the processes, metrics, and interlocks necessary to execute that strategy while building out an organization with four to five teams and approximately 45 revenue development representatives. The revenue development team supports both Forrester’s client acquisition and cross-sell strategies as we introduce our Forrester Decisions portfolio to ICP clients and prospects. The primary goals of the function are to increase our rate of client acquisition while building a talent pipeline to support future sales expansion. This role reports directly to the CSO.
- Establish standard processes, metrics, and measurements across the revenue development function that align with the revenue development team’s expected contribution to the overall Forrester sales bookings plan.
- Establish a reporting cadence with marketing and global sales leaders on the revenue development team’s impact versus stated targets.
- Leverage technologies including our customer relationship management, name development, and client engagement tools and digital selling techniques to continually drive the impact of the revenue development function on pipeline development.
- Partner with sales operations, marketing, and the global sales leaders to identify target accounts and buyer groups by geography and selling motion to target.
- Own the development, monitoring, measurement, and refinement of cadences in Forrester’s sales engagement tool.
- Ensure timely follow-up with inbound marketing leads in accordance with mutually agreed upon service-level agreements and provide ongoing feedback to help tune demand-generation activities.
- Advance role definition and career progression within the revenue development function, from contact development rep to revenue development rep to account d
- Strategically partner with Forrester’s local sales teams to develop strong pipelines consistent with overall Forrester sales processes and specific territory targets.
- Collaborate with talent acquisition to find and onboard a steady stream of early career professionals.
- Maintain full fluency in Forrester’s suite of products and services, focusing on Forrester Decisions, and how they are sold to deliver value in the marketplace.
- Partner closely with the marketing, product, sales enablement, and technology departments to maximize the team’s effectiveness.
- Drive continuous improvement: Evaluate, codify, and continuously refine best practices in both outbound and inbound , adjusting guidance to the organization as appropriate.
- Proven sales management or BDR functional management experience of at least eight years and previous experience in managing managers.
- Experience in providing guidance and feedback to build high-performance culture and development of a talent pipeline for our sales organization.
- Proven experience in managing and coaching metrics and KPIs.
- In-depth understanding of the sales and revenue development landscape (latest techniques, tools, processes, and measurements).
- Sales fluency — understanding of what drives new business sales organizations and cross-sell within existing accounts as well as how sales organizations are measured.
- Strong business acumen and professional demeanor.
- The ability to effectively manage a global team across markets, buying centers, and buying groups.
- Strong, high-level relationship skills and the ability to thrive in a team environment, align with peers, and develop and execute a strategic vision for the function across the revenue engine.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong discipline to process and operations and the ability to hold teams accountable through layers of management to execute a standard operating model.
- The ability to absorb and grasp new concepts quickly (such as rapid advancements in the business technology industry).
Explore #ForresterLife on:
Forrester Research, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to equal employment opportunity for all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, genetic information, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Veterans are especially encouraged to apply.
The information provided by you in this application will be used for the purposes of recruitment and, for successful applicants only, for personnel administration and management purposes and to comply with the employer’s obligations regarding the retention of employee records. If your application is unsuccessful, Forrester Research, Inc., its subsidiaries, affiliates, and/or service providers (collectively “Forrester”) will retain your personal information on secure file solely to consider you for future recruitment opportunities.
By submitting your resume/CV, you consent to Forrester’s retention of the information provided on a secure file for personnel administration and management purposes and/or in order to consider you for future employment opportunities and to the transfer of the information provided to: Forrester’s offices in the US and other countries outside the European Economic Area; and Service providers engaged by Forrester for the purposes of processing applications for employment who may be located outside the European Economic Area.